Thursday, May 1, 2008

Adventures in Fernie


Fernie is so beautiful! I'm visiting a friend here at the moment. We went to elementary school together, and we lived on the same street, so we were very good friends, but then kind of lost touch when I changed schools when I was about 9. But then she found me last fall via facebook! I was so excited to hear from her, and then when I was heading out west, it just seemed like the right thing to do to have a wee visit. It is unfortunately a short visit, but nonetheless a visit!

I went for a walk yesterday by the Elk River. It was so incredibly beautiful, until I realized that I wasn't supposed to be walking on that trail. When I got near the end of the trail, there was a sign saying that the trail was closed due to a wild animal. Oops! At least I didn't run into it....whether it was a bear or a moose or...?? Phew!

No comments: