Sunday, May 4, 2008

Going Away....


So I had a lovely time with some of my friends tonight. Actually, one of them was an ex-boyfriend...but still a really good friend! Anyhow, we all went to my favourite restaurant, and it was really lovely. My friend M. organized the whole thing. He is a wonderful person, but a really hilarious driver. He finds the longest possible route to go anywhere, and he drives that route. It must cost a lot for all the extra gas for the car! And we were also teasing W., L's boyfriend. He has no place to stay at the moment while waiting to hear about an apartment. He is staying with L. in her tiny room and sleeping on her floor. So after we were completely, completely stuffed from the buffet at Ivory, we went to decided that it would be a good idea to go to a movie. The last movie that I had suggested that we all go to was "Atonement". We went to it in January. I thought that it was great, L. thought that it was great, W. thought that it was okay, and M. would give it a 10/10 for boringness. So the entire group of us was not entirely pleased with my choice of movies. M. & W. wanted to see "88 minutes." I didn't really want to see that movie, and L. didn't really care. I wanted to see "21". And I somehow convinced all of them that we should see "21". Apparently I'm going to have to bring them back something really nice from West Africa. M. wants a fertility statue. I'm not entirely sure if I can get one of those, but I guess that I'll have to hunt a little since they all endured "21" for me! It was an okay movie I suppose. I have seen movies that were much worse, but I've also seen movies that were better. But I'd better stop my movie review so that I have enough energy left over to look for the fertility statue.

No comments: